For more than seven decades, M&I Electric, LLC has been a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the energy industry. We design, integrate, manufacture, install, and maintain power distribution equipment throughout the Gulf Coast. M&I is one of the Myers Power Products group of companies.
M&I is looking for new team members who share our dedication to delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. If you have the requisite knowledge and experience combined with a proven track record as an Electrical Engineer in an innovative and fast-paced environment, we have an amazing career opportunity for you. This position is based at either of our Texas locations: Beaumont or Houston.
- Read and interpret customer job specifications
- Create drawings (AutoCAD) and other work instructions for manufacturing
- Transmit drawings to shop and customer
- Interface with sales, project managers, customer, and shop
- Keep current with the latest technical innovations in electrical engineering
- Safety and quality control focus
- Possess a positive attitude, be a team player, and maintain high ethical standards
- Self-motivation, dependability, reliability, and capacity to be productive with minimal direction or supervision
- Ability to interpret customer specifications
- Proficiency in creating one line diagrams, wiring diagrams, and work instructions for MV & LV switchgear, motor control centers, and power distribution centers (PDC)
- Ability to analyze/verify control schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to analyze and answer technical questions
- Ability to interact with shop personnel on a regular basis
- Ability to apply product knowledge and technical skills to solve simple application problems independently and with minimum supervision/guidance
- Possess basic computer skills, including capability to use MS Word, MS Excel, PDF converters, Internet, and basic file navigation
- Advanced drafting/CAD skills preferred
- Proficiency with electrical design and circuitry
- Ability to read, interpret, and modify electrical symbols and characters
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Two years of experience as an electrical engineer preferred
Join a great company with great people!
M&I Electric, LLC is a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the global energy industry. Our mission, Empowering Energy,™ refers to our commitment to producing products and services that enable our customers to safely and effectively meet the world’s growing energy demands.
M&I offers very competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and more. We believe in developing our employees, offer terrific career advancement opportunities, and promote from within whenever possible.