For more than seven decades, M&I Electric, LLC has been a leading provider of power delivery solutions to the energy industry. We design, integrate, manufacture, install, and maintain power distribution equipment throughout the Gulf Coast. M&I is one of the Myers Power Products group of companies.
M&I is looking for new team members who share our dedication to delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. If you have the requisite knowledge and experience combined with a proven track record of driving projects in an innovative and fast-paced environment, we have an amazing career opportunity for you. This position is based at Houston, TX location.
- Effectively lead and build a motivated team of engineers and designers
- Ensure all product designs comply with the appropriate industry standards (NEC,NEMA,IBC,TDLR,IEEE)
- Manage the team to deliver on time, on budget
- Ensure excellence in engineering through the use of best practice methods, processes, tools, standards, etc.
- Manage personnel development; including performance reviews, performance improvement plans, career development and training
- Establish scorecard metrics and continuously monitor to improve the team performance and alignment to company goals and objectives
- Apply a broad base of knowledge to rapidly and efficiently design, develop and continuously improve products and reliability
- Support company growth by managing product line development projects
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience and a minimum five years of managerial experience
- Professional Engineer’s license a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Procore proficiency a plus
- Technical knowledge of power distribution centers, switchgear, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, and related equipment
- Safety and quality focus
- Strong communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, communicate daily with the team and convey expectations, and advise management and peers of work progress and challenges
- Flexibility and ability to respond to changes and varying workloads
- Approachability, capacity to build rapport, consistently conveys a positive attitude, and enjoys directing a team towards achievement
- Leadership skills, especially the ability to provide direction whether facing a crisis or business as usual
- Zeal for leading and achievement; willingness to face adversity head on and maintain composure under pressure; not knocked off balance by the unexpected
- Capable of addressing performance issues
- Customer focus and dedication to meeting the expectations of the internal and external customers
- Compassion and genuine concern for the team
Join a great company with great people!
M&I Electric, LLC is a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the global energy industry. Our mission, Empowering Energy,™ refers to our commitment to producing products and services that enable our customers to safely and effectively meet the world’s growing energy demands.
M&I offers very competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and more. We believe in developing our employees, offer terrific career advancement opportunities, and promote from within whenever possible.