For more than seven decades, M&I Electric, LLC has been a leading provider of power delivery solutions to the energy industry. We design, integrate, manufacture, install, and maintain power distribution equipment throughout the Gulf Coast. M&I is one of the Myers Power Products group of companies.
M&I is looking for new team members who share our dedication to delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. If you have a proven track record as a Journeyman Fabricator in an innovative and fast-paced environment, we have an amazing career opportunity for you. This position is based at Beaumont, TX location.
- Perform job in safe manner, understand and follow safety policies and procedures and make suggestions to improve the workplace
- Operate mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and mig welders to fabricate components for product assemblies that meet the specifications of the mechanical drawings
- Build skids
- Safety and quality oriented, accountable, positive attitude, dependable, reliable, productive, ethical, strong communicator, innovative, team player
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a journeyman fabricator building skids using MC18 and larger sizes of structural steel channels
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to use measuring tape and variable gauges such as calipers
- Ability to read mechanical drawings
- Ability to set up machinery for multiple product lines and material requirements
- Ability to operate and program fabricating equipment
- Ability to pass a fabrication test
Join a great company with great people!
M&I Electric, LLC is a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the global energy industry. Our mission, Empowering Energy™, refers to our commitment to producing products and services that enable our customers to safely and effectively meet the world’s growing energy demands.
M&I offers very competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and more. We believe in developing our employees, offer terrific career advancement opportunities, and promote from within whenever possible.