For more than seven decades, M&I Electric, LLC has been a leading provider of power delivery solutions to the energy industry. We design, integrate, manufacture, install, and maintain power distribution equipment throughout the Gulf Coast. M&I is one of the Myers Power Products group of companies.
M&I is looking for new team members who share our dedication to delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations.
If you have the requisite knowledge and experience combined with a proven track record as a painter in an innovative and fast-paced environment, we have an amazing career opportunity for you. This position is based at Beaumont, TX location.
- Performing job in safe manner, understanding and follow safety policies and procedures, and making suggestions to improve the workplace
- Material handling: moving material including use of a man-lift, forklift or overhead crane
- Material preparation: masking, blowing, sanding, and preparing components
- Painting and abrasive blasting: selecting and mixing paints and operating painting and abrasive blasting equipment including pumps and guns
- Some disassembly and re-assembly of mechanical components
- Cleaning of work area and machines
- Reading specifications, blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Safety and quality oriented, accountable, positive attitude, dependable, reliable, productive, ethical, strong communicator, innovative, team player.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of experience with industrial painting
- Experience with airless spray pump equipment
- Knowledge of proper application of coating to steel using the tools and specifications of the trade
- Must know how to apply the following: epoxies, urethanes, and zinc as per specifications
Join a great company with great people!
M&I Electric, LLC is a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the global energy industry. Our mission, Empowering Energy,™ refers to our commitment to producing products and services that enable our customers to safely and effectively meet the world’s growing energy demands.
M&I offers very competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and more. We believe in developing our employees, offer terrific career advancement opportunities, and promote from within whenever possible.