For more than seven decades, M&I Electric, LLC has been a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the energy industry. We design, integrate, manufacture, install, and maintain power distribution equipment throughout the Gulf Coast. M&I is one of the Myers Power Products group of companies.
M&I is looking for new team members who share our dedication to delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. If you have the requisite knowledge and experience combined with a proven track record as an Project Manager in an innovative and fast-paced environment, we have an amazing career opportunity for you. This position is based at either of our Texas locations: Beaumont or Houston.
- Manages and maintains the commercial contract between M&I and its customers, vendors, and subcontractors
- Estimates, prepares, submits, and manages change orders between customer and M&I
- Manages and communicates the scope of work and responsibilities between M&I’s customers, M&I’s employees, and M&I’s suppliers / sub-contractors
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of information flow between key stakeholders (customers, engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing)
- Plans, establishes, maintains, and regularly updates a project schedule on assigned projects
- Manages communication, and distributes documentation between M&I and its customers
- Monitors, reports, and controls costs on assigned projects within estimated project margin
- Reports, forecasts, and presents project financial activity to M&I’s management
- Responsible for the successful management of the project schedule, budgets and client satisfaction
- Prepares, distributes, and follows through with project safety plan
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite
- Technical savvy (quickly understands new software systems)
- Ability to understand and read drawings and schematic diagrams for technical equipment and buildings and to understand and read terms and conditions/contractual language
- Safety and quality oriented, positive attitude, dependable, reliable, productive, ethical, strong communicator, innovative, team player
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Capable of extreme multi-tasking (not easily overwhelmed)
- Highly motivated – success oriented driven
- Process oriented (does not take shortcuts)
- High degree of professionalism
- Adept at successful project execution
- Ability to be flexible to adjust to changing project conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree required (BS Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
- Experience in electrical industry
- Experience with power distribution, power conversion and automation and control equipment
Join a great company with great people!
M&I Electric, LLC is a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the global energy industry. Our mission, Empowering Energy,™ refers to our commitment to producing products and services that enable our customers to safely and effectively meet the world’s growing energy demands.
M&I offers very competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and more. We believe in developing our employees, offer terrific career advancement opportunities, and promote from within whenever possible.