For more than seven decades, M&I Electric, LLC has been a leading provider of power delivery solutions to the energy industry. We design, integrate, manufacture, install, and maintain power distribution equipment throughout the Gulf Coast. M&I is one of the Myers Power Products group of companies.
M&I is looking for new team members who share our dedication to delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. If you have the requisite knowledge and experience as a Senior Field Service Relay Technician in the electrical service business, we have an amazing career opportunity for you.
- Proficiency in the testing and calibration of protective relays (electromechanical, solid state, and microprocessor)
- Proficiency in the testing, evaluation and repair of the following:
- Low and medium voltage breakers
- Low and medium voltage motor control centers
- Low and medium voltage switchgear
- Power distribution transformers
- Oil circuit and gas breakers
- Proficiency in the testing and evaluation of motors and generators
- Capable of performing troubleshooting and analysis of protection and control schemes
- Ability to understand electrical drawings and components
- Ability to perform start-up and commissioning of equipment
- Ability to do technical reporting using Power DB
- Possess project management skills
- Four years of experience as a Field Service Technician
- Associates degree in related field
- Willingness to adhere to the company’s safety policies and procedures
- Ability to interface with customers in a professional manner
- Ability to Perform/ complete projects and assigned tasks effectively and efficiently
- Capacity to identify opportunities to improve processes and promote the growth of the department
- Willingness to travel offshore, within the United States, and out of the country
- Ability to be available 24/7 365 days a year for emergency call outs
Join a great company with great people!
M&I Electric, LLC is a leading provider of power delivery solutions for the global energy industry. Our mission, Empowering Energy,™ refers to our commitment to producing products and services that enable our customers to safely and effectively meet the world’s growing energy demands.
M&I offers very competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and more. We believe in developing our employees, offer terrific career advancement opportunities, and promote from within whenever possible.